Monday, January 5, 2009

Lifestyle changes after being Vegan


After being Vegan, now I have made some changes in my lifestyle. The first one that came soon was, lighting the lamp (diya) everyday in vegetable oil, instead of Ghee ( Clarified butter).
Then, paying attention to my cosmetics. Earlier, it was honey based product for face massage. Now, fruit massage.
Earlier, never read the ingredients that closely, of the shampoo I used for hair, and my bath soap. Now, it is definitely, free of animal products including the lip balm, not tested on animals.
And my toothpaste is all vegetarian, I am glad.
Searching for leather, there is some in my home. I will not be buying new leather products.
My sister-in-law gifted me with a lovely pearl necklace and earrings on my last birthday. Hmmm. But now I do not wish to wear pearl.
There are enough woolen shawls and sweaters in my house already bought earlier, in case we need to use in cold winter travel through Europe or America. And my favourite black leather jacket! I will not be buying any new ones.
Being aware about these things help.

No comments: